Options
oschif
oschif
Community Member

Hello,
I have many items with similar email addresses, lets say:
Lastname@gmail.com
FirstnameLastname@gmail.com

Now I want to search only for Lastname@gmail.com, how do I do that?
When I search for this email it also shows all items with FirstnameLastname@gmail.com. I dont want that.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @oschif, thanks for reaching out.

You could try the Ctrl + Alt + F keyboard shortcut to filter for partial word matches.

Let me know if that yields the results you're looking for!

Ali

• oschif
    oschif
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

No, this doesnt help.

When I try to search for Lastname@gmail.com it still also shows results for FirstnameLastname@gmail.com

I dont want it to show FirstnameLastname@gmail.com
    I need only results for Lastname@gmail.com

Thanks.

• Hey @oschif, thanks for getting back to us. I apologize I misunderstood your initial question.

It's not actually possible to filter for exact word matches. If you could tell me a little more about your use case, I'll be happy to pass that information along to our Product team as a feature request.

Ali

• oschif
    oschif
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    well my use case is basically what I already described.
    I have accounts with email address in format FirstnameLastname@gmail.com
    But I also have accounts using address Lastname@gmail.com

I sometimes need to find all my accounts that use Lastname@gmail.com
    But thats not user friendly because the search also lists all accounts using FirstnameLastname@gmail.com

So I want to just list accounts with email Lastname@gmail.com

It would be great if you could implement it.
    For example exact match search shouldn't be hard to implement.

Thanks.

• Thanks for your reply @oschif.

While I can't make any promises, I've gone ahead and submitted a feature request on your behalf for our Product team's consideration.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

PB-36056503

• htmtbeek
    htmtbeek
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem as @oschif . When I search for the website: nu.nl, the result is a list, containing all nu's, nl's and other rubbish. In other softwareprograms, I can ask then: search "nu.nl", between quotationmarks. Then the results are exactly what I want.

• htmtbeek
    htmtbeek
    Community Member
    Options

And, in addition to the above remark, in the Windows desktop program, the search between quotation marks does not work. But, surprisingly, in the Android app on my phone, searching between quotationmarks gives the exact results.

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @htmtbeek,

Thanks for your feedback here about searching in 1Password for Windows and Android. We're continuing to make improvements to the search functionality and I've passed this feedback along to your Product team for consideration when adding new features.

Please let let us know if you have any other suggestions you'd like me to pass along.

ref: PB 36981657