Autofill not working with data Imported from Password Boss

Options
cdemaro
cdemaro
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I used your [the mrc-converter-]suite to convert my data from Password Boss to 1Password and everything looks good but I can't get passwords to autofill

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @cdemaro,

I see you have also emailed in, let's continue our discussion there to keep the conversation in one place.

ref: LQI-25629-794

• cdemaro
    cdemaro
    Community Member
    Options

sounds good

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you. @MrC (thanks for the ping!), the creator and maintainer of the MRC Converter Suite, might be able to say more. I've left a note in the ticket to have my colleagues update this thread, once their investigation is complete, if the issue does turn out to be due to something that could be changed in the suite itself.

-Dave

• cdemaro
    cdemaro
    Community Member
    Options

It was determined that the converter is putting the Password Boss website URL's into the notes field in 1Password. How do we get this bug fixed?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cdemaro

This is simply a matter of customizing the passwordboss converter to accommodate your own changes to the stock Password Boss categories.

By default, the converter works with the stock categories defined by Password Boss. When user's customize those, the converter needs minor adjustments to recognize your changes.

Can you tell me what Password Boss categories are affected?

Assuming it is the Website category, the converter is expecting the export for this category to contain the labels: username, password, url, totp, and name: The first three are the critical labels that the converter places into a 1Password Login record. Those are the field that are used in auto-fill.

Here's what such a record looks like in the JSON export file:

Check your JSON export with a plain text editor, and let me know what labels you see there. Please don't expose any confidential information, however.

• cdemaro
    cdemaro
    Community Member
    Options

This is for the website Delta.com which came over to 1Password with the login url in the notes

"name": "delta.com",
    "secure_item_type_name": "PV",
    "color": "#FF0078D7",
    "type": "Website",
    "login_url": "https://www.delta.com",
    "subtitle": "xxxxxxxx",
    "identifiers": {
    "custom_fields": [],
    "username": "xxxxxxxx",
    "password": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
    "ignoreItemInSecurityScore": false,
    "password_age": "6",
    "password_visible_recipient": true,
    "windows_application": "[]",
    "remote_connection": "[]"

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@cdemaro

I've made a custom version of the passwordboss converter for you with an update to the pattern to detect the login_url. It is available in the Custom folder at the site mrc-converter-suite home.

Download the Passwordboss.pm file, and replace your Converters\Passwordboss.pm file. Then you can re-run the converter and import the new 1pux file created. The data will be placed into a new vault, so you don't have to worry about your existing items being clobbered.

• cdemaro
    cdemaro
    Community Member
    Options

that seems to have worked! Thank you!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That's great news. You're very welcome.

Enjoy 1Password!

• Thank you for the amazing work as usual @MrC. 😊