1Password auto-filling previous OTP codes

Options
JAReidTX
JAReidTX
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I registered for a new website that requires an authentication app for OTP. I logged-in using provided credentials and setup the 1Password OTP using the website's displayed QRC. After that, the login via 1Password worked fine. A few weeks later the website managers needed to reset my account. So I had to log in (same user ID, temporary provided password) and reestablish the 1Password OTP. (The second generated OTP was different from the original generated OTP.)

I successfully logged in entering the newer OTP code manually. So I deleted the original 1Password OTP field from the website login record.

The next time I logged in, 1Password correctly auto-filled the user ID and password. But the OTP code it auto-filled does not match the OTP code 1Password displays in the login record.

So I believe that 1Password is somehow auto-filling from the old OTP setup, not the new one, although only the new OTP setup is displayed in the 1Password login record. (No other login records for this website.)

My browser (Chrome) does not manage site logins for me.

So what I think I need is either of two solutions:
(1) Cause 1Password to auto-fill the OTP code it actually displays in the login record. Or,
(2) Cause 1Password to NOT auto-fill the OTP code and I'll enter it manually from the login record.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• JAReidTX
    JAReidTX
    Community Member
    Options

Update on my previous post...

I disabled auto-fill for the specific website, which resolved my login issues.

But I'm still unsure why 1Password continues to use the previous OTP setup on auto-fill after it was deleted from the login record.

• Hello @JAReidTX! 👋

I'm sorry that the OTP isn't being filled correctly. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. You said that "the OTP code it auto-filled does not match the OTP code 1Password displays in the login record", where are you looking to check the displayed OTP? In the browser extension's pop-up (accessed by clicking on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar) or in the desktop app?
    2. Can you compare the OTP in the browser extension's pop-up to the OTP in the 1Password for Windows app, are they the same or different?
    3. Are you running into issues with filling the OTP for any other websites? Or just this specific website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave