Open and Fill Not Working

Options

I have just upgraded my OS to Mac OS 14.1.1 from a much older version and am having several problems with 1Password. The key issue is that when I click on Open and Fill in the 1Password app, the app flashes but nothing else happens. I have deleted both 1Password 7 app and 1Password for Safari and reinstalled them both but it did not resolve the issue. Also, when I am in a form field on a website and the annoying "Unlock 1Password" popup appears, I click on it but nothing happens. Any suggestions as to how to fix this. It was working perfectly fine prior to my upgrade.

1Password Version: 7.9.11
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: mac OS 14.1.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @JROZLOV! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue when opening websites in Safari. 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported, and doesn't integrate with 1Password for Safari, and I recommend that you update to the latest version which is 1Password 8:

If you already have a 1Password membership then the new version is available to you at no additional cost. Once you've upgraded to 1Password 8, close Safari and then reopen it. Then try to use "Open and Fill" from 1Password 8. If you encounter the same issue then let me know and I can help further.

-Dave

• JROZLOV
    JROZLOV
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I pay for 1Password yearly. Is that considered a membership?

• Hey @JROZLOV,

Yes, it sounds like you have a membership, just to clarify can you sign in to 1Password.com and see all of your items?

If yes, then I would recommend following Dave's steps to upgrade to 1Password 8. Let us know how you get on!

• JROZLOV
    JROZLOV
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I’ll upgrade.

• Let us know if you need any assistance @JROZLOV and if it gets things working as they should be for you.