Watch no longer unlocking 1Password since 17.1.1 macOS update

Options
rbondi
rbondi
Community Member

Anybody else seeing this?

On two Macs with 17.1.1, when the 1Password prompt appears on macOS to unlock 1P, nothing appears now on my watch: the watch is unaware of it. However, the watch continues to unlock the Macs and respond to other macOS watch unlocks.

The watch is at 10.1.1.

I really don't want to reinstall the watch to see if that fixes it, because that takes so long.....

Does anyone have a fix, and is anyone else seeing this?

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: 17.1.1
Browser: 119.0.6045.159

Comments

• @rbondi

Have you followed these directions to enable the feature? Please ensure the setting within 1Password on the Mac is active. I would also recommend updating 1Password to 8.10.20. It appears you may be behind on updates.

Use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on your Mac

• rbondi
    rbondi
    Community Member
    Options

That setting is On. As I said, this was working just fine until I updated to 17.1.1.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@rbondi

Thank you for the reply. Can you please confirm that you're currently running 1Password for Mac version 8.10.20? You can check by doing the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click About 1Password.

If you're not running 8.10.20 then please update and then try to reproduce the issue again.

If you are already running 8.10.20, or updating doesn't fix things, then can you tell me which version of macOS you're running? There isn't a version of macOS labeled 17.1.1, that's the latest version of iOS. The latest version of macOS is Sonoma 14.1.1.

-Dave

• rbondi
    rbondi
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P,

1. (FYI my first post had the 1Password version, and it wasn't 8.10.20.)
    2. Updating to 8.10.20 didn't fix the problem on either computer.
    3. I threw in the towel today and unpaired and erased the watch, and started over. That fixed the problem: I'm no able to unlock 1P again with the watch, not just unlock the computers.
    4. If you want any old logs, LMK.

Regards, |r:b:

• @rbondi

I'm happy to hear that things have improved. Is Apple Watch unlock for 1Password now working on both of your Macs? Let me know if you're still seeing any issues anywhere. 🙂

-Dave