Microsoft Server interference with logon

Options
tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Using Firefox browser, click on Logon in 1PW for a specific site as usual, now I keep getting an icon called "Microsoft Server" - have never seen it before, and can't get into the site I want. I can get into it without the "Microsoft Server" icon using DuckDuckGO and Alfred. Also can get into it using Safari and clicking on 1PW on the top bar but can't get on using 1 PW fill. This just happened after last Apple update (14.1.1). Research tells me not to try to get rid of "Microsoft Server"because it affects many apps....very strange....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.1.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hey @tuni12,

Are you able to attach a screenshot of the icon you are seeing so I can better understand?

Please be mindful to hide any personal information before sharing this.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, steph, here is the screen shot of the icon I keep getting when I click on the hospital's site using 1PWd in firefox…
    Oh, the screenshot didn't copy & paste.....can you still see it?`

• Thank you for getting back to me @tuni12, yes, I can indeed see the screenshot you shared.

Are you only seeing this for specific websites or for all sites?

If you manually go to the website URL in Firefox instead of opening it with 1Password, do you see the same page?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

yes, I'm only seeing this microsoft logo on this hospital website. And, I can get into the site w/o the microsoft logo using only FireFox. But I can't get into the site without the Microsoft logo appearing if I try to get in from 1PW.....very strange....?????

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

This is the default page of a freshly installed Microsoft web server (IIS). Either the web service you're trying to reach has some kind of outage, usually temporary, or you're unexpectedly redirected to some unexpected other host where this default installation is running.

If I see such strange behavior that's differing between different browsers, I would scan my PC for malware and for browser hijacks.

• Hey @tuni12,

Can you let me know the website URL of the site you have saved within your 1Password item? Is it different to the one you are typing in when you go directly to the site?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

The web site is for Tampa General hospital that is https://tgh.org but in order to get to my info and personal info I have to get into my own medical chart which is part of my confidential 1PW info….that’s where I get the Microsoft logo when I click on it.

• @tuni12

Thank you for the reply. I recommend that you Edit your Login item for the hospital's website in 1Password and replace the current website address with the following website address:

https://mychart.tgh.org/mychart/Authentication/Login

Then try to access the website from 1Password using this new website address. Does that work correctly?

-Dave

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    Options

that works, Dave - YAY now my question: why does this new log-on work?.....you definitely fixed it - thanks so much.....tuni (doing a happy dance)

• @tuni12

I'm happy to hear that the suggestion worked. It's possible that the older link was malformed in some way or perhaps the hospital's website received an update that broke the link.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave