Going to try to sell 1password on friday

Options
DonM18
DonM18
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

I have a client I support, her and her husband have troubles online and I told her how there is LIFE after and LIFE BEFORE one password. When I am on my android phone I can not keep 1password to stay signed in. The other thing Is I do not use browser integration yet and not sure how to use it and not sure what browsers it works on the best. I really like 1password and I decided that I am going to learn about this program more. Currently I just cut and paste the password in and do not use the integration so I am going to explore that more. On my ipad the face ID re-loggs me in each time. Could you imagin haveing to type in the 1password password 2 times while trying to copy a password and user name. That would not work. I do not know how to keep 1password open long enough on the ipad/iphon android. So I am going to try to find out these answers to these questions before I go and install this on there devices for there Trial. I am pretty sure they are going to buy 1 password however.

My Mom po poos the idea of 1password. but she is wrong. She says she is not signed in to enough things but on the other hand she will be frustrated and calling me all upset because she cant get logged into a website. So I cant seam to talk her into it even though I know it would help her. You know the merry go round when you type a password in wrong. I know for a fact I would not have been able to sign up for some government websites without having a way to copy and paste the passwords and users names in. ! Joining websites is HARD for elderly people they NEED 1password. !

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @DonM18! πŸ‘‹

Thank you for spreading the word! πŸ’™ 1Password helps to protect the most important data in all of our lives. We have a blog article that you can share to help explain the importance of using a password manager like 1Password: Why you need a password manager: 1Password in plain terms

You mentioned that you were running into a few different issues and I'll respond to each below:

When I am on my android phone I can not keep 1password to stay signed in.

You can adjust how often 1Password for Android locks, and how often you need to enter your account password or use biometrics, by adjusting your auto-lock settings: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

The other thing Is I do not use browser integration yet and not sure how to use it and not sure what browsers it works on the best.

1Password works great in all of the major browsers! Whether you're using Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Brave you can download and install 1Password in the browser. This guide will help you get started: Get to know 1Password in your browser

On my ipad the face ID re-loggs me in each time.

Can you tell me a little more about this issue? Is Face ID not working to unlock 1Password at all? Or do you mean that you're asked to unlock 1Password using Face ID every time that you try to use 1Password and you'd like to be asked less often?

I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• DonM18
    DonM18
    Community Member
    Options

So the face Id is working good on my ipad, the ipad is setup so i have to put my password in each and every time I leave it so that works ok when I flip between applications on the ipad.

on my android phone I have the 1password app installed and I do not find anywhere to configure things or setup settings. On the android app It displayed message that gave me the opportunity to turn on autofill but then that message went away. I can not find anyplace in the android app to access settings like how long it will stay open, settings for autofill or anything. I can access some settings in "apps" but I see no place that I can access settings on the app. ?

• DonM18
    DonM18
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I attached a picture. My version of android app does not have settings or I do not know how to access them. In the app, I wish I could see a link or see a built in manual with an index. Right now I do not know what to read or what video to watch so I know and understand how to use it. I do not know if the settings do not exist or if I am not pressing the right thing. OR if there just are not any settings.

• DonM18
    DonM18
    Community Member
    Options

OK finally I found it, I was not expecting it to be under that icon normally they have 3 dots or 3 dashes and the first few times I touched it it came up with switch accounts

• DonM18
    DonM18
    Community Member
    Options

Some people do not fully understand the cut and paste concept. I DO but i remember not fully understanding
    it myself at one time. Nor do they realize how to switch between apps. We assume people know that they can sign into gmail on any computer or device. We assume everone knows basic things.
    I think the couple I am working with is semi sold on the 1password. I go back in a fee weeks. I myself am having difficulty using the open and fill with 1password.
    Not sure if it actually works i always copy past user/passes for my work its a day and nite change using 1password. Passwords are a bad dream for many. So i recomend it.