Unable to unlock 1Password using my Apple Watch

Options
System
edited November 2023 in Apple Watch
This discussion was created from comments split from: Apple Watch Unlock Option Disappearing / Not Functioning.

Comments

• johnnygoodface
    johnnygoodface
    Community Member
    Options

I couldn't unlock 1Password with my Apple Watch even tho I was able to unlock my Mac just before that. I've sent the diagnostic file and the bot # is #QMG-46672-549

• johnnygoodface
    johnnygoodface
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I forgot to attach the diagnostic file, so here's my new bot # RPP-27345-657
    Jac asked me to do this:

Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch"). (If you don’t see the Apple Watch option in 1Password then skip this step.)
    Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Uncheck your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    Turn off your Mac.
    Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    Turn on your Mac.
    Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Check your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Check "Apple Watch").

Which I already did a lot of time before Sonoma, but now I don't have to do anymore to be able to unlock my MacBook with my watch. The watch always unlock my Mac now, and the solution for me was either:

• Connect both external displays are connected directly to my MacBook Pro 16'' and NOT on my Caldigit TS3, or
    • Mac OS Sonoma

**It's the 1Password unlock that's not consistant.
    Johnny

• johnnygoodface
    johnnygoodface
    Community Member
    Options

I'm resubmitting this because I've forgot to upload my diagnostic file. So here's the new bot # RPP-27345-657.

On the other hand, Jac asked me to do this full sequence to make sure the connexion between my Mac and my watch was pristine:

Disable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Uncheck "Apple Watch"). (If you don’t see the Apple Watch option in 1Password then skip this step.)
    Disable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Uncheck your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    Turn off your Mac.
    Restart your Apple Watch: Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
    Turn on your Mac.
    Enable Apple Watch Unlock for your Mac (In the MacOS menu bar:  > System Settings > Touch ID & Password > Check your Apple Watch under "Use your Apple Watch to unlock your applications and your Mac")
    Enable Apple Watch Unlock in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Settings > Security > Check "Apple Watch").

Indeed I used to do this a lot before, but not anymore - I'm now always able to unlock my MacBook Pro 16'' with my watch.

Here's what I've done to correct this (and not sure which corrected the problem):

• Upgrade to Sonoma
    • Connect both external displays directly to my laptop (instead of using a Caldigit TS3 for external monitors)

Now we need to correct the 1Password issue and it's inconsistencies - sometimes the watch icon is there and I'm able to unlock (with the popup) and sometimes the watch icon is not there and I have to manually type my zilion characters password when that happens!....

• Hello @johnnygoodface! 👋

I'm sorry that Apple Watch unlock for 1Password isn't working consistently on your Mac, thank you for sending in the diagnostics report. I see that my colleague sent you another reply with some questions earlier today, please respond to that email and continue the conversation there.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

-Dave

ref: QMG-46672-549

This discussion has been closed.