Passkey on multiple devices

Options

Why do I have to create separate PassKey accounts for each device? For example for google. I go to the site on my iPad and receive an offer to create a PassKey, saving it to an existing account. Then I go to the same site on the iPhone, the previously saved Passkey is not offered. it is proposed to create again. I create. If I update a previously created account with passkey, then passkey stops working on the iPad. So I have to create separate account entries for different devices.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Spn13! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the same passkey on all of your devices. That definitely doesn't sound right, when you save a passkey in 1Password that passkey should be available on all of your devices.

So that I can better understand the situation, can you please tell me the following:

1. Do you have AutoFill turned on for 1Password on both your iPhone and iPad: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your iPhone and iPad
    2. Are you following these steps to save and sign in with a passkey on both your iPhone and iPad: Save and sign in with passkeys
    3. Do you see the saved passkey when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, Dave.
    All three items work. Maybe it depends on the specific site? This is an Internet bank. When I go to the passkey section in my personal account of this bank, I see there a list of passkeys with the names of devices and browsers that they were created.

• @Spn13

Thanks for the reply. In your initial post you wrote that you were having trouble saving passkeys for Google but you've now mentioned an internet bank. Can you clarify the website you're having trouble with?

Is the internet bank listed on the passkeys directory?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave