what is the default source of dropdown list for filling email on webform

Options
bradHon1Pcomm
bradHon1Pcomm
Community Member

when I am on a new site a dropdown list of emails appears, always the same 5 and two are mine, two are other people I know and would have emailed and one is not even an email. see pic attached.
Where can I find what populates this list so I can make it what I want to show for default.
I apologize if this info in knowledge base I could not find it. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @bradHon1Pcomm! 👋

Thank you for the question. Those suggestions are taken from any Identity items that you've saved in 1Password. Check the following:

1. Open and unlock the main 1Password app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Make sure that your entire account is selected.
    4. Tap Items.
    5. Tap Identities.
    6. Check the items listed for the email addresses and other suggestions that you're seeing.

Let me know if that answers your question. 🙂

-Dave

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help Dave! Ok yes that makes sense those entries are in my identities. But how can i edit which ones the dropdown shows. I used identities for several friends and family members as safe way to store their details sort of like a mini contacts folder but of only very close friends /family so includes personal info i want to save but would not want in contacts. I only have about 15 entries but i dont want those defaults coming up. I assume the intended use of identities category is not simply for my one entry?

• @bradHon1Pcomm

Thank for the reply. The best way to prevent certain Identity items from showing up would be to move them to a vault dedicated to storing details about your close friends and family: Move or copy items

Once the items are in their own vault you can turn that vault off for 1Password in Safari so that it no longer suggests those items:

1. Open Safari and go to any website.
    2. Tap on the AA button in the address bar.
    3. Tap 1Password.
    4. Tap on the icon that looks like a circle with three horizontal lines and then tap Settings.
    5. Scroll down to Accounts & Vaults.
    6. Turn off the vault that contains the items that you no longer wish to see.

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you for your time I will try that.

• Perfect! If you run into any trouble then just post here and I would be happy to help further. 🙂

-Dave

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    Options

OK Dave, thanks that worked - the other entries are now gone and I have a vault Identies that holds the others and they no longer appear in the dropdown. However it only shows one of my email address. I have three email address listed under “internet details”. But it only shows my first one. Can i enable more or do i have to create 3 identies ? Is the identies category in a vault intended to have only one item? (Ie your identity).

• @bradHon1Pcomm

Thanks for the reply. Currently, only the default email address field of an Identity item will be used for email address suggestions in the browser. Additional email addresses won't be suggested. The best workaround is to create multiple Identity items so that you see the other email addresses suggested as well.

That being said, our development team has an internal work item open to look into possibly changing this behaviour in the future. While I can't make any promises, I've added your comments there so that they're aware that you would find it useful to see all of an Identity item's email addresses suggested in the browser.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#11842

• bradHon1Pcomm
    bradHon1Pcomm
    Community Member
    Options

Ok perfect, thanks again for the help. As a very long time 1password user I can’t tell you how much i love and rely on your product. And for you personally to be answering forum questions is unbelievable. Keep up the great work.!

• @bradHon1Pcomm

I'm happy to help. Just to clarify: I'm not Dave the founder, I'm just another friendly Dave who also works at 1Password. 😊

-Dave