iPadOS/iOS Safari Extension - Limit Results from Vault and/or Collection

Options
johnnyxhuynh
johnnyxhuynh
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

Hello! I am using the latest 1Password 8 app with the Safari Extension enabled on iPadOS 15.6 and iOS 15.6 and am trying to find a way to limit results from a specific Vault or Collection when using Safari. This is possible on desktop in the Chrome Browser Extension, since the extension has its own settings panel where I can check specific Vaults.

On iPadOS, when I select "Settings" from within the extension, it opens a blank page in a new Safari tab.

On iOS, when I select "Settings" from within the extension, it opens the Settings menu within the official 1Password app. Under the Safari Extension section, there is currently only one setting for "Reauthorize After..."

If there is currently a way to limit results, could you please point me in the right direction? If not, could there be a way to choose Vaults and/or Collections for the iPadOS and iOS Safar Extension either (a) in a dedicated settings panel inside the extension (like Chrome on desktop) or (b) under the Safari Extension section in the Settings menu within the official 1Password app?

Thank you!
Johnny

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rhmjanssen
    rhmjanssen
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto

• Hi @johnnyxhuynh / @rhmjanssen:

There currently isn't any way of controlling which vaults / accounts are shown in 1Password for Safari on iOS or iPadOS, but I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#6045

• rhmjanssen
    rhmjanssen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to the response.

• elyscape
    elyscape
    Community Member
    Options

Chiming in with my support as well. This significantly reduces the usability of the Safari extension on iOS. Additionally, it would be nice to have the ability, like in the macOS extension, to disable showing the auto fill menu on field focus. Basically, please add to the iOS extension the settings that are in the desktop extension.

• JohnMaz
    JohnMaz
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to add my support to this request. We will have potentially hundreds of Vaults for different customer data, and so for logging into common websites this is essential. Otherwise we will have hundreds of suggested passwords when we only want to be shown the pones form our private plus own company vault. Currently I have to use Lastpass in the iPad and iPhone to be able to use a password manager, when i really want to be using 1Password for everything.

• @elyscape and @JohnMaz

Thank you both for the feedback. I've passed it along to the product team. šŸ™‚

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-2326
    ref: dev/core/core#6045

• johnnyxhuynh
    johnnyxhuynh
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

Thank you for passing this request onto the product team! Are you able to share any updates?

-Johnny

• JohnMaz
    JohnMaz
    Community Member
    Options

I still can't choose to limit our selection of vaults. It's now pretty unseeable as for s9me website where we have a lot of customer data in 'customer' vaults, I literally have hundreds of offered passwords listed, when I should only see my own two from personal and work vault. This needs an urgent modification in my view.

• @johnnyxhuynh

I don't have any updates to share at the moment. When, or if, the feature makes it into 1Password you'll find it documented in our release notes: 1Password Releases

@JohnMaz

I understand that frustration and I hope that we'll be able to improve things here in the future. I wanted to mention that you can use Password AutoFill to save and fill your logins and choose which collections are used for AutoFill suggestions: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

To choose which collections to use with Password AutoFill:

1. Open the main 1Password app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you're using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Tap Show filling suggestions from.
    5. Choose the account or collection you want to see suggestions from.

-Dave

ref: PB-31038094

• EricD
    EricD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave! I got this to work fine on my iPhone. When I tap on AutoFill on my iPad settings, I just get the attached page and can't tap on anything there. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• EricD
    EricD
    Community Member
    Options

I found out why I was getting that screen only. It was a setting in the settings app on iOS.

Settings > Passwords > Password options, then checking to allow filling from 1Password.

Thanks to 1Password tech support for getting me that answer.

• JohnMaz
    JohnMaz
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P In the latest updated version that appeared last week, your instructions worked, and so now we can choose to only have everything, or from whatever collections you setup. The update allows you access to the settings page you have in the windows application, so you can create collections from safari as well. Thanks for the update.

• @EricD and @JohnMaz

I'm happy that you were able to get AutoFill working. If you have any other questions in the future then don't hesitate to ask. šŸ™‚

-Dave

• scottgruby
    scottgruby
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this? Since the Safari extensions state (enabled/disabled) sync across my Mac, iPad and iPhone, I have to turn the extension off completely so that it I can get autofill to work on my iPad/iPhone.

• @scottgruby

I'm replied to you in the other thread that you posted in, let's continue the conversation there: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/683461/#Comment_683461

-Dave

• Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback that you previously provided letting us know that you'd like to be able to choose which vaults are used by 1Password for Safari on iOS for suggestions. I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in 1Password for iOS! šŸŽ‰

If you haven't already, please make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS: How to keep 1Password up to date

Then follow these steps to choose which vaults you see in 1Password for Safari on iOS:

1. Open Safari and navigate to any website.
    2. Tap the aA icon in the address bar, then tap 1Password
    • If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    1. Tap on the icon with three lines inside of a circle, then tap Settings.
    2. Scroll down to, or tap, Accounts & Vaults.
    3. Turn off any vaults whose items you don't wish to see suggested in Safari.

Thank you again for your continued feedback and support, it helps us improve and make 1Password even more useful for you and the community as a whole. šŸ˜Š

-Dave

• scottgruby
    scottgruby
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for implementing this! I now can use the extension.

• Fantastic! Thank you again for the feedback. šŸ™‚

-Dave