Filling suggestions forgetting my settings

Options
norysang
norysang
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

I have three 1Password accounts and multiple collections that contain different selections of vaults. One of them is called “Full Default” and set to be my default collection for filling suggestions.

Unfortunately, for the last few weeks my mobile 1Password app always forgets which account/collection I’ve set as my preferred for filling suggestions. It always resets to my company’s account after a few days, which is highly annoying because I usually recognize this error when I need to autofill a login via the iOS password fill function above my keyboard and don’t see any suggestions - which is because 1Password, again, reset the setting to my secondary account that doesn’t contain the logins needed. I then have to open 1Passwors and change the setting or switch accounts/collections inside the popup.

This repeats every few days and drives me crazy.

Here is the setting I am talking about:

Is there anyone with similar problems or a team member who can reproduce this error?

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.10.21 81021004, on PRODUCTION
Extension Version: iOS 17.1.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @norysang! 👋

I'm sorry that "Show filling suggestions from" is being reset on your iPhone. I haven't yet been able to reproduce the issue here on my end, have you noticed any particular actions that cause the setting to be reset? For example, does it tend to happen if you fully close the 1Password app, restart your device, or update to a new version of the app? Have you reinstalled the app at all?

You mentioned that the issue only started to occur in the last few weeks, did you never see the issue before this?

-Dave

• norysang
    norysang
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Dave,

thanks for your reply. I tried a few things since your response yesterday. In order to make things easier, I will call my desired default-collection "State A" and the account it gets reset to "State B"

About 20 hours ago, I checked whether the setting was reset to State B (it was) and changed it to State A. I also selected State A in the app's homescreen top left corner. I then force-closed the app, which did not impact the setting nor the selection in the app's homescreen, and went to bed.

When getting up, around 8 hours later, State A was still set as active and still showing State A in my app's homescreen. When checking in again around 20min ago, the setting was set to State B again and my app's homescreen also showed the icon for State B. I did not restart my device in between or change any settings in 1Password on my iPhone, I also only used the autofill in Safari for a few times but not the 1Password app as far as I recall.

I then set the setting to State A again, set State A for my app's homescreen view, force-closed and re-opened the 1Password app, which again did not change the setting nor app homescreen. I then restarted my device and opened 1Password directly after booting up, which still showed State A on my app's homscreen but State B in the settings menu.

So I was able to document two cases with different outcomes:
    1. waiting long enough resets both the app homescreen selection and the autofill-setting
    2. restarting the device only resets the autofill-setting but not the app homescreen selection

I am not sure what causes this to happen. I did use 1Password on other devices during the day but to my understanding, this should not impact my iPhone's 1Password app.

Are there any logs I could send over that may help to isolate the issue?

• @norysang

Thank you for such detailed notes! So that I can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• norysang
    norysang
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Dave,

thanks for your quick reply. I just sent the report as requested. The Support ID number I received back is: [#NQH-67654-752]

• @norysang

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will get back to you via email as soon as they're reviewed the diagnostics report.

-Dave

ref: NQH-67654-752