Can't upgrade from 7 to 8 Personal - fill-in fields not fillable

Options
jmardenslp
jmardenslp
Community Member

I have 1Password 7
Version 7.9.11 (70911000)
1Password Store

I'm trying to update to 1Password 8 with a Personal membership. There is a form that pops up in 1password7 which asks you to pick an account type. When I select personal, a form appears asking me to create an account. It has fields for email, etc. However, none of these fields are clickable, can't type into them. The only button that is active is Cancel. So I'm unable to create a new account and upgrade. Can anyone help? I'm running MacOS Ventura 13.6.1. I've tried Safari and Brave as default browsers, in case 1password 7 is affected by the default browser when it's displaying this form somehow. I get the same result from both browsers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jmardenslp! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to complete the sign up process, that definitely doesn't sound right and the team and I are here to help. Just to confirm, are you following the steps in our upgrade guide: Upgrade to 1Password 8

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

-Dave

• jmardenslp
    jmardenslp
    Community Member
    Options

Here's the screen I see. The fields in "Create your Account" are not selectable. I'm assuming the warning in pink about enabling cookies and local storage are the cause of the problem. However, I have no idea how to do that in 1Password, and I can't tell which "browser" is being used to generate this form. Cookies are enabled in the default browser on the system (Safari), don't know about local storage status on Safari as I can't find anywhere in Safari settings that mentions it.

• jmardenslp
    jmardenslp
    Community Member
    Options

I think I've solved the problem. I was trying to update from 1Password 7 to 8 without creating an account in 7 first, as described in the upgrade guide. I followed the guide and now I'm on 8 on all my devices and things seem fine. The only suggestion I would offer to make the process smoother is to have the "upgrade to 8" in the help menu in 7 go directly to this guide. That would have made life easier! Thanks!

• @jmardenslp

I'm happy that you were able to workaround the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I'll pass along your feedback to the team internally.

If you haven't already, make sure to also install 1Password in the browser so that you can save and fill logins on your favourite websites: Get to know 1Password in your browser

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. 🙂

-Dave