1Password for Safari doesn't connect to the desktop app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Browser Extension Continuously Locked.

Comments

• jcheatham
    jcheatham
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue. The Safari extension only rarely will connect to the desktop app, although the desktop app is always running. I have tried toggling the 1P login items off and on, toggling the "Integrate this extension" setting in the 1P Safari extension settings off and on, restarting 1P, and restarting Safari. Every time I enable the "Integrate" setting, I get "[Status: Problems connecting 🟠. Please make sure the 1Password app is unlocked.]".

I'm running 1Password for Mac 8.10.20 (81020036) and the Safari extension 21700102 STABLE.

• Hey @jcheatham,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in Safari. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jcheatham
    jcheatham
    Community Member
    Options

Seeing this thread motivated me to try a few more things, and I eventually did get it working by shutting down Safari and then uninstalling and re-installing the Safari extension. I’ll upload a console log if the extension starts misbehaving again, though.

• Thank you for the update @jcheatham.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.