Set a preferred vault per chrome profile?

Options
yesthatallen
yesthatallen
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This is a followup to this feature request, which has been completed
https://1password.community/discussion/125059/feature-request-browser-profile-specific-default-login

In that setup I can restrict some vaults from some Chrome profiles.. and that helps.

For services which use unique fqdn, I can solve the issue with "exact url" matching.. but for things like Google Workspace admin, apple business managed, and Mosyle, where the login URL is the same, I'm constantly having to scroll for the right user/pass.

My request is, rather than restrict myself, to allow the Chrome 1Password extension set a preferred vault.

Instead...

That way I'm not restricted, but i still get the benefit of 1Password "magically knowing" which of the many logins I want to use when I'm logging in to a site with many user/pass, and the same URL.

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 21700102
OS Version: macOS 14.1.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @yesthatallen,

Thank you for providing such detailled feedback. I can see where you are coming from and I have passed it on to our team for consideration.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB37140288

• yesthatallen
    yesthatallen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

the more I think about it.. Setting the "default Vault for saving" could auto-prefer entries from that vault (and then still display others).

Meanwhile, it was in the writing of this post I learned that I could even set a default vaults, so I'm already 1 step ahead of where I was.

Keep up the great work!

• Thank you again for the feedback! 😊

-Dave