Does 1PW no longer co-exist with browser pw managers?

Options

Sorry, still trying to come to grips with a V7 to V8 upgrade. Is it really the case that 1PW forces one to use 1PW for all passwords in a browser? In V7 one could choose to let the browser pw manager fill in the password, or fill it in from 1PW using the icon in the browser. That no longer seems possible, and 1PW demands that you move all the browser passwords to 1PW. My browsers (Safari and Firefox) have lots of 'low grade' logins with which I am not much worried about security and I do not want clogging up my collection of important passwords in 1PW.

Is this really the case, or am I missing something? If the former, then it is back to V7 (for the second time).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @deoldphart,

We recommend using 1Password to store and fill all of your credentials to keep them all in one secure place and avoid any interference. With that being said, you may be able to get your browsers password manager working along side 1Password if you follow these steps:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Toggle off 'Make 1Password the default password manager in this browser'
    3. Go in to your browsers settings and enable autofill here.

I hope this helps!

• deoldphart
    deoldphart
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Steph. I have followed your instructions and I have more or less replicated my common 'mini-workflows' for using browser and 1PW in the respective locations.
    It is understandable that you would recommend as you do, but you (and Agilebits) must recognize that most of the passwords one has to use these days do not require the level of security that 1PW affords (such as the one for this forum) and it is so much easier to let the quite reasonably secure password managers in most browsers automatically pre-fill the fields rather than having to unlock 1PW. So I think it is important for 1PW to ensure that the concurrent use of browser passwords and 1PW is as seamless as possible.