Autofill working on iPhone but not iPad.

Options
SkySF
SkySF
Community Member
edited December 2023 in iOS

I have installed the 1Password app (version 8.10.21) on my iPhone (iOS 17.0.2) and iPad (iPad OS 17.1.1).

I have changed the settings in Settings > Passwords on both devices to enable Autofill and it uses only passwords from 1Password, not iCloud or Chrome.

I do not have the Safari extension installed on either my iPhone or iPad. Chrome is my default (and preferred) browser.

On my iPhone, autofill works just fine on both Chrome and Safari.

On my iPad, autofill works only on Safari but not Chrome.

Safari gives me the 1Password option and the key icon on the bottom of the screen:

Chrome gives me a blank bar at the bottom of the screen without any text or the key icon:

I really need this to work on Chrome on my iPad otherwise I will be canceling my subscription because it is not convenient at all.

Please help ASAP. Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.10.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad OS 17.1.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @SkySF! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login into Spotify when using Chrome on your iPad. On the iPhone and iPad, AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. The AutoFill prompt that you see is generated by iOS, not 1Password, and iOS is responsible for the detection and filling of fields.

If the AutoFill prompt isn't appearing on Spotify's website in Chrome but it does appear in Safari then this would be an issue that I recommend reporting to Spotify so that they can investigate why AutoFill isn't detecting login fields on their website in Chrome.

That being said, I have found that AutoFill tends to work better in Safari. Safari also supports web extensions on the iPhone and iPad which means that you can install 1Password for Safari which uses 1Password's own filling brain to detect and fill fields more reliably: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

I do have a suggestion that might help: on the Spotify website, if you tap on the "Password" field instead of the "Email or username" field then does the AutoFill prompt appear in Chrome?

-Dave

• yisayo1649
    yisayo1649
    Community Member
    Options

No. This all are just excuses.

1Password MacOS, iOS and iPadOS apps AutoFill is not working in any Website on Chrome.

There is no way to use Chrome Extension because if you have multiple accounts on Chrome you have install Extension on all accounts. There is no way anyone is doing that.

it's not worth to keep paying for apps which are not user friendly.

• @yisayo1649

I'm sorry for the frustration, on the Mac filling is handled by either 1Password in the browser or Universal Autofill which should both be working in Chrome. I see that you also sent an email to our support team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply there to help further. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PTF-29131-571

This discussion has been closed.