new Iphone 15 Pro Max and I can't get into 1Password

Options
leirisbobini
leirisbobini
Community Member

It's one of those who's on first ouroboros problems. I have a new iPhone and the old one is already wiped and traded in. So 1Password is asking for something from Authy and I do not have the backup codes for either, or the code to allow one to generate a code for the other. The problem seems to be syncing what happens here in my browser with my phone, which will become a problem soon enough. What to do!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sonoma 14.1.1
Browser: Brave

Comments

• Hello @leirisbobini! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to access your 1Password account on your new iPhone, the team and I are here to help until everything is working again.

It sounds like you turned on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account at some point in the past. Two-factor authentication is an additional protection which requires a six-digit one-time password to add your account to a new device. This one-time password would have been stored in an authenticator app like Authy.

Your one-time password is only required the first time that you add your 1Password account to a new device. If you still have access to the 1Password app on any of your other devices (like a Mac), you can use the app to turn off two-factor authentication and login again: If you lose access to your authenticator app or security key

Let me know if that doesn't work and I can help further.

-Dave

• leirisbobini
    leirisbobini
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave! Solved. I appreciate your help.

• I'm happy that you were able to resolve the issue. 😊

-Dave