Old 1password for android, is possible to check the hint?

Options
amtias
amtias
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Android

Hi

I've been using the old 1password version (7.4.9), the one you had to do a single payment but worked only local in your android device.
I always used it with the fingerprint scan, and when I had to put the password, the hint always helped.
Now I've changed my phone and I need to first initiate the app with the master password, but without the hint... It proves almost impossible for me to remember it.
I do hace the file on Dropbox, named ".password.hint", but I cannot open it nor check its content...

Would the be a way to see its content anyhow?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @amatias

If you attempt to use the password three times (comes to memory, it could be five) the hint should automatically be displayed.

• amtias
    amtias
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy t'ha usually happens when you are already using the vault, but if you import to a new phone, the vault needs the password first and the hint does not shows...

• Hey @amtias, my sincere apologies for the delay in response. Do you still have your previous device that would display the hint?

• amtias
    amtias
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_audrey no, I don't have my old device anymore, so I can't check the hint... I was wondering if I could maybe get the info inside the hint file in some way...

• @amtias, if you have the hint file in Dropbox, what happens when you try to open it? Is there an error message displayed?

• amtias
    amtias
    Community Member
    Options

Ita just that I can't open it, I don't know how should I open it...
    Is there a way to do so?