How to turn off "Start Using 1Password in Safari"

Options
mgjacqz
mgjacqz
Community Member

I have 1P [8.10 / extension 2.18] ticked to open on start up [Mac Ventura} and every time I get a notice to open Safari settings, turn on extension, finish in Safari. It is already on and already set to allow for every website &c [Safari 17.0]. Obv not fatal, but seriously annoying.

How do I get this pop-up to stop appearing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @mgjacqz

It sounds like "1Password for Safari" (the app specifically, rather than the Safari extension) is open when you shut down and restart, so it reopens when your Mac starts up again.

Look for "1Password for Safari" in the Dock and right-click it. Choose Quit, and make sure the black dot disappears. Then, when you restart, it won't reopen.

If that doesn't work, check your Login Items by following these steps:

1. Click the  Apple menu > System Settings...
    2. Choose the General tab > Login Items
    3. If "1Password for Safari" appears in the list, click it then click remove at the bottom of that list.

Let me know how you get on and I'll be here if you need any further help. :)

— Grey

• mgjacqz
    mgjacqz
    Community Member
    Options

Grey, That seems to have done the job! Clearly was a general practitioner I had not distinguished the species distinction you make : App specifically, rather than the Safari extension as installed, and clicked everything on. I love Discussion Boards. Happy Merry, Margot

• @mgjacqz

I'm happy that Grey was able to help you resolve the issue and that everything is now working. 🙂

-Dave