Can I change email address for family member?

Options
he2
he2
Community Member

I'm the admin for our family account. My son no longer has access to the email he was using with the account. He also no longer has a cell phone.
Can I replace his old email address with the new one as part of the recovery process?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @he2,

The email address would need to be manually changed by your son, as a family organizer, you do not have the permission to change the email address.

To change an email address, he can follow the below steps:

1. Log into 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right hand corner.
    3. Click Change Email.
    4. Enter your new email address, then click Send Confirmation. 1Password will email you a confirmation code.
    5. Enter your confirmation code and 1Password account password, then click Change Email Address.

Change your profile information and language on 1Password.com.

If he is unable to change the email, we will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com/support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!