LinkedIn 1Password p/w not working

Options
moniqueo
moniqueo
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Windows

I'm using a Chrome browser. The LinkedIn login page does not accept my newly generated 1Password p/w. It only lets me log in using my own previous p/w I had prior to subscribing to 1Password. I've checked the blog and there is a post that says LinkedIn can be troublesome. Any resolution?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: Windows
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @moniqueo! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling your password into LinkedIn's website. You posted in the iOS category, which is to discuss 1Password on the iPhone and iPad, but you wrote that you're using Windows. Can you clarify if you're running into the issue on your iPhone/iPad or a Windows PC? Or another device?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• moniqueo
    moniqueo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, sorry I couldn't find the right category to post into. I'm using a Windows PC. I've also had the same problem on my Android device Samsung A10

• Hello again @moniqueo,

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing troubles with filling your password the LinkedIn login page on both a your Windows and Android devices.

Since you mentioned, that it only lets you log in using your own previous password you had prior to subscribing to 1Password, it sounds like you may have updated the password in 1Password but not in your LinkedIn account itself.

Could you try to change your password again following the steps in this guide, paying special attention to Step 3. numbers 4 and 5 to save the generated password to the website’s change password page:
    Change your password in the 1Password apps

Please let us if this helps when attempting to fill your credentials.