Multiple Username fields

Options
laas
laas
Community Member
edited December 2023 in iOS

I have a website which has username and an ID code. But no password and instead uses alternative app authentication (2FA like).

In 1P desktop I have successfully Saved the login with both fields and it seems to be working in desktop, filling username to first field and code to the second.

But on iOS it fills in the username into the code field, leaving username field totally empty.
The same happens also when I have only username saved in 1P - still fills the wrong field.

What can I do?

1Password Version: 8.10.21
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: iOS 17.1.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @laas! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue with filling a login on your iPhone. Are you filling into a website in Safari on your iPhone? Or is this a different iOS app?

If you're filling into a website in Safari then can you try using 1Password for Safari instead of of iOS AutoFill (the "Passwords" prompt above your keyboard). 1Password for Safari has the same filling brain as 1Password in the browser on the desktop:

Let me if that works better. If you're trying to fill into an iOS app where 1Password for Safari isn't available (it only works in Safari itself) then are you able to share the name of the app?

-Dave

• laas
    laas
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I’m autofilling in Safari and I believe I’m already using the extension.
    I have the 1Password icon next to the input field and it also gives me the dropdown there.

Even if I choose autofill from the 1P button in address bar next to the aA menu, it autofills incorrectly in both iPhone as well as iPad.

• @laas

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to share the address of the website in question so that I can take a look. Do not share you username or password, just the website address of the login page.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• laas
    laas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Can I share it somehow privately, so that it doesn’t get displayed in this public forum?

• @laas

Would sending us the website address via email be okay? If the answer is yes then please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message. 🙂

-Dave

• laas
    laas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I sent the URL via e-mail and received reply with ID: [#GTS-97492-147]

I hope this helps.

• @laas

Thank you for posting the Support ID. The team is reviewing your email and you'll get a reply back as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation over email. 🙂

-Dave

ref: GTS-97492-147

This discussion has been closed.