1Password is offline. Check your internet connection or try again

Options
colinzack
colinzack
Community Member

Since yesterday, out of the blue, I've had a message about 1Password being offline. I was signed in, so it was telling me nothing would sync. I tried to sign out of both accounts to fix it and now I'm unable to log in at all and get the error in the title. I have a diagnostics I ran before logging out that I can submit, but obviously nothing now.

1Password Version: 8.1.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.2
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• colinzack
    colinzack
    Community Member
    Options

It seemed to be a weird issue related to the WiFi. The WiFi was working fine, but there was an error about iCloud Private Relay. Once I turned off the WiFi it worked fine.

• Hello @colinzack! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing connection issues when using 1Password for Mac. If 1Password is working well on other networks but running into problems when connected to your WiFi then that would suggest that there's an issue with the network.

Just to clarify: to get things working again did you turn off iCloud Private Relay? Or did you switch to another network (cellular or wired)? If you use your WiFi now is 1Password for Mac able to connect or do you see the same offline message?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• colinzack
    colinzack
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it worked on my iPhone and iPad when connected to the same WiFi, so it isn't the WiFi itself.

I turned off iCloud Private Relay after I noticed it worked with the WiFi off and just running a wired connection. It seems to be working now with it off.

• @colinzack

I'm happy that you were able to find a solution. That being said, 1Password should be working with iCloud Private Relay turned on (it is on my own Mac). Are there any other apps that were running into internet connection issues? Or just 1Password?

I know that things are working for you now but if you do decide to turn iCloud Private Relay back on in the future and see the same offline message in the 1Password for Mac app then I'd be interested in seeing a diagnostics report so that we can investigate further:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

If you do send in a report in the future, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. You can post that number here and I'll make sure that the report gets to the right team.

-Dave