Secret Types for Certificates and other SysOps related formats

Options
amaridev
amaridev
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Business and Teams

Hi,
we are using 1Password as a team to save all kind of secrets which are common in SysOps.

Do I miss something, or is there really no item type to save TLS certificates? What is the recommended way of saving such things?

On the other hand, 1Password shows so many different item types which are not needed in our work like Crypto Wallets, Outdoor Licenses, etc.
Would it be possible to introduce some selection for the type of Secrets which are actually needed and show just them?

I understand that a private person might be interested in saving medical records, outdoor licenses or driving licenses. But for our work this is not wanted clutter inside the GUI while the really important types are missing somehow.

Please give me some insight or add to it to the requested features.
Thanks in advance

PS: the message window in your forum doesn't have any scrollbar...

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @amaridev,

I'm Scott on the 1Password Customer Experience team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for asking about templates for items stored in 1Password. If your team is using 1Password Business, there is a beta feature which enables the default templates to be customized or hidden, as well as allows new templates to be created. An account owner or administrator can enable the feature by signing into the 1Password website, clicking Settings in the sidebar, switching to the Beta tab and enabling the feature. A Templates link would then be made available in the website sidebar, where templates can be managed. Please note that this feature is a beta feature, with limited functionality, and it may change in the future.

Another option which is available to all account types is to use an existing item type. Every default template in 1Password can be customized to include any custom fields, so for a TLS certificate you may use a Document item to upload the public certificate, then could add other fields or attachments for data like the expiration date or storing a related private key.

PS: the message window in your forum doesn't have any scrollbar...

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply. In my testing, the scroll bar for the whole page appears while scrolling (as is default on a Mac) and the text box for entering new messages expands indefinitely with message size, which allows the pages scrollbar to be used instead. Is there any chance you posted from a mobile device?

Let me know if you have any questions.

• amaridev
    amaridev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ScottS1P

Thank you very much for your help.
    This sounds like an interesting option, we would like to test out.

We are using 1password.eu. I enabled the beta settings, but just seeing the message:

There are no beta features at the moment… stay tuned!

I guess this is only available for the US version?

• On behalf of Scott, you're very welcome, @amaridev.

I guess this is only available for the US version?

If using 1Password Business, the ability to create custom templates is available even if your account is present on 1Password.eu. From what you've written, it's possible you're using 1Password Teams, which does not currently support this beta feature. If you'd like confirmation about your account type.

If you'd like to get confirmation, I invite you to contact us via email at businesssupport@1password.com using the email address associated with your 1Password account. After you send the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you receive so we can locate your message and connect it with this discussion.