Can't search passwords on iPad app when autofill password not found

Options
BlackValyrian
BlackValyrian
Community Member

I'm having issues with the iPad version of 1Password, when logging into an app or browser and the autofill popup show no autofill password, when I click the 1Password icon, a search box appears but never returns any results. Is anyone else experiencing this or know if 1password are not working on fixing it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @BlackValyrian! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing search results when using 1Password on your iPad. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• BlackValyrian
    BlackValyrian
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for assisting. Here’s an example scenario:

I didn’t enter a website URL correctly when creating a new login, or

it was created during a signup on an app so there’s no URL saved in the login;

which means when trying to login I need to use the autofill popup to search for the password.

Here’s a screen recording of the scenario using this website, and it shows that there is a saved login to start with, but I ignore that for the sake of replicating the issue. I searched for 1Password and as you can see in the screen recording, no search results are found.

Screen recording link

• @BlackValyrian

Thank you for the screen recording. The "AutoFill Password" screen that you're seeing is iCloud Keychain, not 1Password. As a first step, make sure that you've setup 1Password to work with AutoFill:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select iCloud Keychain and any other password manager.

Then, tap on the "Passwords" prompt that I pointed to here:

Don't tap on the Autofill > Passwords menu that appears when you double-tap on the username/password field. There's currently an issue in iOS where iOS won't respect your password manager selection for this prompt and will instead always show iCloud Keychain. Tapping on the "Passwords" prompt at the bottom of your screen will allow you to use 1Password.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24225

• BlackValyrian
    BlackValyrian
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated. Just so you are aware, I had all the settings correct, it’s the known issue you mentioned at the end of your reply that applies to my situation. Do you know if 1Password is working on a fix? For a product I pay handsomely for, I do expect it to work as intended, and using my iPad quite often, it’s becoming frustrating.

• @BlackValyrian

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm: are you able to fill your logins when you tap on the "Passwords" prompt at the bottom of your screen as I described in my previous reply? Let me know if you're not.

Just so you are aware, I had all the settings correct, it’s the known issue you mentioned at the end of your reply that applies to my situation. Do you know if 1Password is working on a fix?

In this case, when you double-tap on a field and select AutoFill > Passwords, iOS appears to not respect that you've set another password manager for AutoFill and will instead show iCloud Keychain. This isn't a bug in 1Password itself and our team has filed a bug report with Apple. Hopefully the issue is resolved in a future update to iOS.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24225

• BlackValyrian
    BlackValyrian
    Community Member
    Options

That does seem to work, thanks for your help.

• BlackValyrian
    BlackValyrian
    Community Member
    Options

Update: No that’s not working. See screen recording here https://photos.app.goo.gl/YaErjstx2oaPQasT7

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@BlackValyrian

Thanks for the screen recording. It looks like you still double-tapped and used the Password > Autofill option which doesn't work with 1Password at the moment:

Try single-tapping on the password field in the login form and then tapping on the "Passwords" prompt above the keyboard. Does that work?

-Dave