Delay before I'm able to use my new passkey to sign in

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to sign in using a passkey on amazon.co.uk on iPhone/iPad.

Comments

• Jensen Gelfond
    Jensen Gelfond
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi, I also had a problem where I created a passkey for my Amazon account using 1Password iOS, but then after logging out of the amazon website and attempting to log back in, 1Password did not offer to use the passkey, and I saw the Amazon QR code instead. I checked and all of my settings were as they should be.

After waiting a couple minutes I tried signing in again, and this time 1Password offered to use the passkey and it worked.

So in my case there was a delay between 1Password creating the passkey and having it offered as an option when attempting to login via passkey on Amazon.com in Safari on iPhone (using latest iOS 17 & 1Password).

• @Jensen Gelfond

I'm sorry that you saw a delay before you could use your saved passkey to login to Amazon. I've been able to reproduce the same issue using amazon.ca, can you tell me if you're also using amazon.ca or another version of Amazon's website like amazon.com? I'll pass this information along to our development team.

For anyone else running into the issue, as a workaround for now, opening the main 1Password app seems to make the passkey immediately available. You can then return to the Amazon website and sign in using your passkey.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26752

• Jensen Gelfond
    Jensen Gelfond
    Community Member
    Options

For me this happened with an Amazon.com login.

• @Jensen Gelfond

Thank you! I've let our developers know so that they can look into this further. 🙂

-Dave