Choongmin Lee
Choongmin Lee
Community Member
edited April 2013 in iOS

I've added software icons on my Mac like this:

1Password on OS X

But some are not showing up in my iPhone app:

1Password on iPhone

There is a 2-year old post mentioning that icons were not synced then. Is there progress on this issue?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

1Password 4 pulls icons from an image server. They are not synced, and 1Password 4 for Mac will be doing the same thing once it is released. This is covered in several other threads in greater detail. This script will scan your Applications folder & upload any icons that are missing on the image server, but the icons must exist in your Applications folder and the names of your items must match the names of the applications:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96313/softwareicons.rb.zip

I have a feeling you will have more questions, but I wanted to let you know about this major difference between version 3 and 4 before we went too far. You're using 4 on iOS and 3 on Mac.

Please do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

• Choongmin Lee
    Choongmin Lee
    Community Member
    edited April 2013

Thanks for your comment. And yes, now I have more questions :) I tried searching the forum but couldn't find answers for the following questions:

1. How does/will it work in the current/future version of 1Password for Windows?
    2. Does it mean custom software icons are not allowed in 1Password 4 for Mac?

EDIT: Looking at your code, I guess I can make mock applications just to add icons to my 1Password database. Can't I?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

How does/will it work in the current/future version of 1Password for Windows?

We don't normally discuss future plans, but my guess is that eventually it will be the same across all platforms. It would greatly simplify things.

Does it mean custom software icons are not allowed in 1Password 4 for Mac?

Not exactly, no. But there are ways around it.

EDIT: Looking at your code, I guess I can make mock applications just to add icons to my 1Password database. Can't I?

Ways like that. :)

• 1Password 4 pulls icons from an image server. They are not synced, and 1Password 4 for Mac will be doing the same thing once it is released.

I just emailed you guys a couple days ago and talked with Brandt about being disappointed that 1Password 4 for iOS doesn't sync or even allow custom icons, so that sucks to hear that 1Password 4 for Mac will be the same. Like I told Brandt, I hope you consider allowing custom icons again.

But,

This script will scan your Applications folder & upload any icons that are missing on the image server,

Is their a way to upload icons for logins that are missing on the image server?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Is their a way to upload icons for logins that are missing on the image server?

Not at this time, but I'll pass your vote along. Thank you for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.