"Type in window" displays too many tabs on Edge Browser

Options
hsiehld
hsiehld
Community Member

"Type in window" displays too many tabs on Edge Browser,
making it difficult for me to find the window I want to fill in.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"Type in window" displays too many tabs on Edge Browser

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @hsiehld, thanks for reaching out about this! I've done some testing on my end and I can confirm that I'm seeing the same thing. While Type in window only lists the currently active tab for other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox (unless the tabs are open in multiple separate windows), it always lists every currently open tab in Edge.

I've reached out to the wider team for more information here, as I'm not sure why this might be, and whether it's expected or not. I'll be back in touch once I have any news to share 😄

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi again @hsiehld! Our developers have let me know that this occurs because Edge treats every new tab as a separate window, and doesn't provide a method of identifying the currently active tab. Unfortunately, this means that there's nothing we can do to resolve this on our end.

In cases where the number of Edge tabs prevents you from finding the window you'd like to fill in, are you able to drag and drop your details over from 1Password to the relevant window instead?

• hsiehld
    hsiehld
    Community Member
    Options

I tried filling in by dragging and dropping, and it worked! Thank you for your response.

• ag_mike_d
    edited December 2023
    Options

@hsiehld - Thanks for letting us know. I'm happy to hear that drag and drop was a great alternative to type-in-window! 👍