Signing in with passkeys in Safari

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sonoma new password source selection menu.

Comments

• khyros
    khyros
    Community Member
    Options

the 1password experience in Mac is right now a mess. How am I supposed to save or sign in using passkeys on Safari Mac? I checked the autofill options of the safari extension and it won't show anything passkey related. What am I doing wrong?

• Hello @khyros! 👋

I'm sorry for the confusion. You can save and sign in with passkeys using 1Password for Safari: Save and sign in with passkeys in your browser

If you don't already have 1Password for Safari installed then you can find it on the Mac App Store: ‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store

If you're still having trouble then are you trying to save a new passkey? Or sign in using an existing passkey already saved in 1Password? What website are you on when the issue occurs and what do you see on your screen?

-Dave

• khyros
    khyros
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. However I don’t get option to do so and my safari extension seems up to date. There’s no option “ Offer to save and sign in with passkey”

• @khyros

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the option. Just to confirm, are you following these steps:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and then click Settings.
    3. Click Autofill.

If you don't see the "Offer to save and sign in with passkeys" option there then, to help me better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

-Dave

• khyros
    khyros
    Community Member
    Options

Attached

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@khyros

Thank you for the screenshots, they're very helpful. I see that you're running an older version of 1Password for Safari that doesn't support passkeys. Please update to version 2.18.2:

Let me know if you run into any issues. 🙂

-Dave