SAP logon - run sapshcut.exe

Options
jokerjoker
jokerjoker
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Windows

Hi all,

I found this thread about SAP logon via the sapshcut.exe.
Basically you can run an SAP logon using cmd:// - in the end of this thread it was mentioned that this was implemented.
I would like to launch SAP in the same way - passing on the credentials via the cmd at one click.

Is this still possible, and if so - how?

BR
Florian

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jokerjoker, thanks for reaching out about this! This isn't possible in 1Password 8 at the moment - your best bet would be to use the Type in window feature (found in the dropdown menu next to credential fields in an item), and select the command prompt window.

• jokerjoker
    jokerjoker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem!
    Thanks for the quick answer.
    Do you know if that is a planned feature? I know many ppl that are still sticking to KeePass for example for this exact reason. They would like to use 1pw, but dont due to that reason.
    This would be a great addition! :)

BR
    Florian

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jokerjoker, thanks for getting back to me! I'm not sure about this, however I would be happy to file a feature request for this on your behalf, to let our team know that this is something you'd really like to see added - just let me know!

• jokerjoker
    jokerjoker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem!
    That would be great if you could create a feature request for that! Thanks!
    Greetings,
    Florian

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @jokerjoker, thanks for confirming! I've filed this as a feature request with our product team.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know 😄

ref: 33134134

• jokerjoker
    jokerjoker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem,
    I was wondering if there are any updates on this one yet? :)
    BR
    Florian

• Hi @jokerjoker - Sorry for the delay.

Gem filed the feature as requested, but we have no additional news to share from the Product team.

Please keep an eye on the 1Password Releases page for the latest news about feature updates.

ref: PB 33134134

• TPISC
    TPISC
    Community Member
    Options

@1P_Gem @ag_mike_d
    Hello,

May I know the status of the request?
    is there a workaround where we could integrate 1Password to SAP GUI logon?

Best regards,

• Hello @TPISC,

No updates to share, but can confirm this request is with the product team. As far as a workaround, we can only suggest as Gem mentioned previously in this thread:

your best bet would be to use the Type in window feature (found in the dropdown menu next to credential fields in an item), and select the command prompt window.

Thanks!