Passkeys and autofilling OTP

Options
jf10787
jf10787
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find anything.

On PayPal, without a passkey, my password and OTP are automatically populated, however, when I use my passkey, it takes me to the OTP page (fine, extra security) but 1Password will not automatically fill this in the browser, I have to open the app, find the PayPal entry, copy the OTP and paste it.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the intended behaviour as it seems like not using a passkey is faster for logging in, rather than having to switch from my browser (and the extension) to the app, and back again.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18.1
OS Version: macOS 14.3
Browser: Arc 1.21.1 (Chromium 120.0.6099.109)

Comments

• Hello @jf10787! 👋

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for reporting the issue. I can confirm that our developers are aware and are looking into this.

For the time being, after you've used your passkey and when you're prompted for your one-time password, click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and then click Autofill to fill your one-time password.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24349

• jf10787
    jf10787
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant, thanks for the update (and sanity check!) Dave, will launch the extension (they're hidden away in Arc browser), in the interim.

• @jf10787

Thanks for reporting the issue. 🙂

will launch the extension (they're hidden away in Arc browser), in the interim.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but I wanted to make a quick mention that you can pin 1Password in Arc so that you have easy access to it:

1. Open Arc.
    2. Click Extensions in the menu bar.
    3. Click Manage Extensions.
    4. Click Details under 1Password.
    5. Turn on "Pin to toolbar".

-Dave