Usability regression - Chrome on Windows

Options
dpadwa
dpadwa
Community Member

When 1password is locked and I try to login to a site, I get the expected popup (feels like it is from the browser extension) to type my password to unlock.

Then after about 3 seconds (which means I'm in the middle of typing my password) another bigger 1password window comes up to prompt for my password. If I type there everything unlocks.

It didn't used to work this way, and it shouldn't.

Attached are screenshots of the two popups

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• J_O_D
    J_O_D
    Community Member
    Options

I guess disabling the browser integration in the desktop app would disable this (the extension is invoking the desktop unlocking popup) - but of course, the browser extension than would not be unlocked with prior unlocking the desktop app.

• dpadwa
    dpadwa
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly. This used to work as expected - now it doesn't. Maybe the browser just needs to not show its own dialog before invoking the desktop one

• Hello @dpadwa,

I'm sorry for the late response. I'm sorry that you've been experiencing troubles with the 1Password browser extension account password unlock screen appearing briefly before the app unlock screen appears.

It is expected that the app unlock screen or Windows Hello prompt appears after a moment, but I've not know the extension window show an account password field when app integration is enabled. This usually jumps directly to the Open 1Password prompt just before the app unlock appears, as displayed below:

I'm seeing a similar behaviour and reported this to the development team to investigate. Thanks for your report.

I don't have any further details to share at this time, but recommend keeping 1Password up-to-date and watching 1Password Releases for the latest news about updates and fixes.

Please let us know if you experience any other troubles.

ref: dev/core/core#26763

• dpadwa
    dpadwa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! It isn't critical, but definitely an annoyance

• @dpadwa

Thanks again for reporting the issue! 🙂

-Dave