"Open 1Password to add your account" Message

Options
bonez182
bonez182
Community Member
edited July 2023 in iOS

When I try to use 1password to fill an app password, the message "Open 1Password to add your account" pops up. This pop-up covers the app. Is there a reason this is occurring instead of filling the login credentials?

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.5.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @bonez182! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to fill passwords into other apps. The error message indicates that something might be wrong with how 1Password is setup to use Password AutoFill. Can you please try these steps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Make sure that 1Password is selected.

Next, please check to see if AutoFill is turned on in the 1Password app itself:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for iOS from your Home screen.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Make sure that AutoFill is turned on.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Do you still see the same message? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Landed here after a Google search. These suggestions unfortunately don't solve the issue.

For context, this is after changing my 1Password account from the US to the EU (and therefore am now signed out of the original account that would have auto-filled)

• Hi @codeknight

This message typically appears if the iOS AutoFill database hasn't yet been populated with your 1Password account information, prompting you to go into 1Password and finish the setup. Sometimes it can go awry but you should be able to resolve it by doing the following:

1. Open the iOS Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn off AutoFill Passwords, then turn it back on.
    4. Select 1Password, unlock the app, then click Done in the top right.
    • Make sure to also de-select iCloud Passwords here too to avoid any confusion when saving and filling usernames and passwords.

The next time you go to fill in your usernames and passwords into apps from 1Password, it should work as expected and not display this message any longer.

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Nice one, thank you. Yes, I think I got it working again after turning things off and on for a while. That explanation makes sense.

• @codeknight

Glad to hear AutoFill is working again from 1Password on your iOS device! I haven't seen this issue appear again after toggling it off and back on, so you should be good to go :)

• DJRiful
    DJRiful
    Community Member
    Options

Just chipping in, I ran into this issue as well. I did toggle on and off the auto-fill no luck until I reboot my iPhone entirely. That fixed it.

• @DJRiful

I'm happy that you found a solution, thank you for sharing with the community. 💙

-Dave