what service am i using to sync?

Options
DanMcMichael
DanMcMichael
Community Member

I have 1 password 7 it syncs fine but I don't know what service it is using to do the syncing. How do I "see" what service I am using and how do I change that service if I want to?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.18.1
OS Version: Microsoft windows 11 pro
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hello @DanMcMichael,

Thanks for your question about the service you are using to sync 1Password across your devices.

If you have a 1Password account and all of your items saved to your account, they would be syncing through 1Password.com (or .ca/.eu). Since you mentioned you are also using 1Password 7, you may be syncing through other means such as Dropbox.

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates.

I'd like to ask that you send email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com so we can help look in to this further. With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/143693/what-service-am-i-using-to-sync
    • Your forum username: DanMcMichael

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!