resize browser extension window on mac

Options

Why can't you resize the browser extension window in Safari in 1password 8? In 7 this worked fine, but as 1password7 is not working in modern Mac OS anymore forced you use 8, nothing fits in the browser extension window. Can this be fixed?

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.18
OS Version: 14.2
Browser: Sfari

Comments

• Hello @pinskerj! 👋

Thank you for the feedback! It's not currently possible to resize 1Password's pop-up in the browser but I can certainly pass along your request to the team. Can you tell me a little more about why you'd like to resize the pop-up? You mentioned that things don't fit, here's what the pop-up should look like:

The window is large enough to show the most important item details and you can scroll to see any other information. Does the pop-up look different on your Mac?

-Dave

ref: PB-37513638

• pinskerj
    pinskerj
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it looks different. If you have any level of zoom on or larger text you cannot see anything. Also your screenshot is a super ideal case one login per website. But if you and a family member share a vault and each have a login at a site, you can’t tell any two apart. In 1Password 7 you just drag it larger and it stayed that way for many years. Problem solved years ago. But now it is back. Not having a readable window is extremely un-mac like. Please add basic window resizing to the browser extension. Looking here in the forums it seems a common request for a very long time. Thanks.

• @pinskerj

Thank you for the reply. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in your screenshot.

If you have any level of zoom on or larger text you cannot see anything.

Can you tell me how you're changing the zoom level or text size? When I use Option-Command-Plus sign (+) or Command-Plus sign (+) that doesn't seem to change anything about 1Password's pop-up window.

Also your screenshot is a super ideal case one login per website. But if you and a family member share a vault and each have a login at a site, you can’t tell any two apart.

I have a suggestion that might help with this, have you considered turning off any shared vaults in Safari so that you're not seeing suggestion for those other logins? You can follow these steps:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click Accounts & vaults.
    4. Turn off vaults who items you don't need to see in your daily use.

You can always manually view items in shared vaults by opening the pop-up, clicking on the vault selector icon in the top left corner, and then clicking your shared vault.

-Dave