Unable to filter suggestions in Safari and experiencing slow performance

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari extension unreliable and slow.

Comments

• scottaw
    scottaw
    Community Member
    Options

This is definitely not a one-off, it's very slow for me and others I work with as well. Also in Chrome you can start typing a username contained in a 1P entry IN THE PASSWORD FIELD 🤯 and it will find matching entries. You used to be able to do that in Safari as well, but no longer. I really miss that ability in 1P when I have 20 Azure logins to manage.

It's really a painful experience in Safari now.

• scottaw
    scottaw
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I hope the team is looking seriously at all these reports of it being super slow in Safari. It's fast in Chrome, it's so slow in Safari that at times I have no idea if anything is going to happen. I've counted to 15 seconds at one point waiting for 1P to suggest an entry.

Also 1P in Safari used to let you start typing a 1P entry username in the form's user or password field in order to search matching entries. That doesn't work at all anymore (but still does in Chrome).

Overall, it's really painful to use 1P with Safari now so it's kind of disheartening to see all these threads about it being slow in Safari getting closed without resolution and possibly seen as one-off user issues. (?)

Thank you. 1P user since 2006.

• Hello @scottaw! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into performance issues with Safari, the team is taking every report seriously and investigating to determine the cause and find a solution. We recently released an update for 1Password for Safari, are you still seeing the same performance issues on your Mac?

If you are still seeing issues then can you tell me a little more about when/where you see these issue? You mentioned having to wait 15 seconds for 1Password to suggest a login, is this something that only happened once or have you seen such delays often?

If you can reproduce the delays on demand on specific webpages, then are you able to share the web addresses of those pages so that I can investigate further on my end? Do not send me any usernames or passwords.

Also 1P in Safari used to let you start typing a 1P entry username in the form's user or password field in order to search matching entries. That doesn't work at all anymore (but still does in Chrome).

This is a known issue that our development team is investigating, I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24151