Update to 1Password for Windows 8.10.22-13 (beta channel) fails

Options

This morning I was told that "1Password was unable to complete installation and will roll back any changes.". Tried twice more, same. Note that I have the app on the beta channel.

I'm ok, since installed version 8.10.22 is working fine, but I will eventually want to upgrade, and anyway, I thought you'd want to know.

1Password Version: 8.10.22 beta channel
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @lesster! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when updating the 1Password for Windows app to the latest beta version. There are a few reasons why an update may fail. Sometimes antivirus or antimalware software may block the 1Password update, or in other cases a pending Windows update may be a factor. The team and I are here to help until you're running the latest beta.

As a first step, make sure that you're running the latest version of Windows 10 and that there are no pending updates: Update Windows - Microsoft Support

Next, I'd like you to restart your Windows PC into Safe Mode with Networking mode. You can find a guide with instructions here: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows - Microsoft Support

Once you've restarted into Safe Mode with Networking, unlock 1Password and try to update from inside the app again. Does the update complete successfully now?

-Dave

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

I'm all set, thank you.
    Sorry not to reply, just forgot, and now it's been so long, I don't remember what I ended up doing or what fixed.
    But, sorted!

• No worries @lesster

Happy Holidays.