1Password's extension for Safari automatically opens address bar "favourites" fly over sheet i

Options
7ka2
7ka2
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Navigate to any page with login screen, click on the 1Password extension icon in Safari, login to 1P, it logs me in and opens the address bar automatically. See screenshot below:

The last step is really annoying and does not add any value at all as I am already on the page I want to be on and there is no need to open the address bar. Is there any way to disable this behaviour?
Thanks

(UPDATE: Sorry for posting in the wrong section - not sure how and if I can move it)

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.20 (81020036)
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: 14.1.2 (23B92)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @7ka2,

I'm struggling to reproduce the behaviour you are describing. After I unlock 1Password in my Safari browser toolbar, focus returns to the field on the login page.

Can you let me know the steps you are taking to unlock 1Password for Safari? Are you opening it with a keyboard shortcut? Are you manually entering your password or are you using Touch ID?

Any steps you can provide for me to reproduce the behaviour would be really helpful!

• 7ka2
    7ka2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph,

Sorry, took a while to figure out what could be the common steps to reproduce the issue.

It seems if you were away from the machine for a while and attempt to unlock 1P when in full screen view in Safari, the favourites window would be automatically launched. The behaviour is consistent with 1P on my older MBP (2012) and the newer (2019).

I can share a video recording if you private means of sharing files with 1P.

• Hey @7ka2,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Can you attach the recording to an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread so we can take a look.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• 7ka2
    7ka2
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles , email with the recording has just been sent. Here is the support ID: [#KDE-55845-686]
    Thanks

• Thank you @7ka2, let's continue our discussion over email.

ref: KDE-55845-686