Search while typing isn't working in Safari

Options

I just updated to MacOS Sonoma and since the upgrade, I'm having trouble filling in passwords in Safari.

Normally, when I start typing in the username field, the suggested logins will narrow down as I type. This is no longer working and the suggested logins don't change. I'm guessing it's an issue with the Safari extension as I'm not having the same issue in Brave.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: MacOS Sonoma
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hi @paulminors,

Thanks for reaching out!

I can confirm that this behaviour is related to a known issue that our development team is investigating. As you've noticed, the issue is specific to the 1Password for Safari extension, so if you're using 1Password in another browser, your items should still be filtered as you type.

I've let them know about your experience, and I apologize for any impact on your workflow. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

ref: dev/core/core#24151

• paulminors
    paulminors
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. Do you have an eta for the fix?

• You're welcome, @paulminors! I'm unable to provide an ETA for a fix, but once there is one available, it will be listed in our release notes:

• paulminors
    paulminors
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I updated the Safari extension a few days ago but this issue is still happening. Any ideas?

• @paulminors

Thanks for following up. The issue is still open in our developer's backlog as something to address in a future update. I don't have an ETA on when the issue will be resolved.

In the meantime, you can continue to search for these items using the 1Password extension pop-up (click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar), or you can switch over to Brave which will still filter the inline menu list when typing in the field.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• paulminors
    paulminors
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P any update on this?
    It's a little surprising to me this wasn't addressed during the MacOS Sonoma beta period and even now, months after the release, it's still an issue.

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@paulminors

The issue is still open with our development team and I don't have any updates to share at the moment. I've let the team know that you're eager to see this fixed, thank you for your patience. 🙂

-Dave

• timchambers
    timchambers
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on this? The Safari extension is essentially useless with this issue—it requires several extra steps to search for and fill the login—either switching to my mouse to select the correct login item from the list that (sometimes) appears after focusing on one of the login fields, or it requires clicking on (and waiting for) toolbar extension to appear, then searching for and finding the login, then clicking the autofill button, then (when that fails the first couple times) reloading the page and trying again. Extremely frustrating. 1P continues to work fine in Chrome on the same machine, but I'd prefer to stick with Safari if possible, but this is really pushing me away from Safari!

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2023
    Options

@timchambers

Apologies, this issue remains on the teams radar.

ref: dev/core/core#24151