To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password Lost

Options
alflasalle
alflasalle
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Memberships

Hello.
I had to create a new password yesterday. For some reason, it wasn't saved in my newly created Emergency Kit. As a result, I no longer have access to my account via Windows.

Windows Hello doesn't work until I enter my password.
But I still have access to the Android app.
Is there any way to log in to my account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @alflasalle,

Please excuse the delay in response over the holidays. I'm sorry you're unable to access your 1Password account. Your account password and Secret Key are used to decrypt your 1Password data. Because your privacy and security are our priority, they're stored on your device and are never sent to us.

When changing an account password, emergency kits do not automatically save the new password. Rather emergency kits should be printed and your new account password written in the space provided:

We have an article with some tips for remembering your password:

If you still can't access your account, we can help you delete it and start over with a new password and Secret Key. Any items in the account will not be accessible once the deletion is complete.

To protect your privacy, we ask that you please email us with any further account related questions:

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Have a great day!

• alflasalle
    alflasalle
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_mike_d,
    thanks for the Answer, I already got the exactly same from Support.

I had saved the password, at least that's what I thought, but after a PC reboot, the data was no longer available. I recently renewed my subscription, which makes the whole situation more annoying.

Since no one can help me, the only thing left to do is to delete the account.
    I'll contact support. Good luck with 1Password and a good start into the new year.

Over and Out 🫡

• Hello again @alflasalle,

I'm glad to hear a member of the team was able to answer you earlier, though this was not helpful. I'm sorry for any frustration caused.

If you need any further assistance, please reach back out to us via that previous support email, or you can write to using the 1Password support link.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!