Brave extension not receiving login updates

Options
ShadyMoose
ShadyMoose
Community Member
edited December 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello 1Password team!

I have been having an issue with the 1Password extension in Brave that I believe is a bug. For a few months now, when I update logins in 1Password on my PC, the browser extension often doesn't update with my changes. I am able to force an update by locking and then unlocking 1Password.

The issue is very regular, but not 100% consistent. Every so often, the extension updates right away as it should, but I'd say it fails to update roughly 60% of the time. I have been updating a lot of accounts recently, so I've had a lot of opportunities for this problem to occur.

I have tried waiting to see if the extension would eventually update on its own, but it doesn't seem to do so. When the issue occurs, I'm only able to get it to update by locking and unlocking again. The workaround makes this a relatively minor issue, but it would be awesome if this were fixed.

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide. Keep up the good work!

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: 2.17.1
OS Version: Windows 11, 23H2
Browser: Brave 1.61.101

Comments

• Hey @ShadyMoose,

It's strange that the changes don't eventually sync even after you leave it some time and the only way to force it is to lock/unlock.

Next time this occurs, can you grab some logs so we can see if anything stands out?

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ShadyMoose
    ShadyMoose
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Will do! As soon as I get a chance, I'll reproduce the issue and grab the logs.

• Thank you! We'll keep an eye out for your email. 🙂

-Dave

• ShadyMoose
    ShadyMoose
    Community Member
    Options

I have reproduced the issue and sent the two requested files. The support ID I received is [#KGG-11496-727]. Let me know if you need anything else!

• Thanks @ShadyMoose

The items are here. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Please continue the conversation with the team via email.