Password 7 fails to open during migration to Password 8

Options
jkirby
jkirby
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Mac

I used the password 8 installer and went ahead to convert my password 7 vault to 8. The app crashed and nuked Password 7. It created a zip of Password 7 app but it is corrupted. I can see the sqlite files under my Library/application support. How do I get my vault back? Not happy

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.2.1
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jkirby

I would highly encourage you to update all things Apple if you have not done so. Several important updates have been released. You indicated that you are using 13.2.1.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, - Update your Apple Watch

1Password 7 can be downloaded from here https://1password.com/downloads/mac/ Look near the bottom of the screen where it says Using an older computer?

• ag_tommy
    Options

Also @jkirby if you encounter any troubles you are more than welcome to reach out to the team. They might be able to smooth over any hiccups. If you'd like to do that please use support@1password.com Apologies for the trouble.

• jkirby
    jkirby
    Community Member
    Options

How long should the data move from 7 to 8 take?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jkirby

Generally, it's a short time. Something may have interrupted the process if you've waited a bit. I would suggest reaching out to my colleagues via email support. They can access account details and logs that we don't have access to here in the community and help overcome whatever obstacle is in the way.

• jkirby
    jkirby
    Community Member
    Options

OK so I was able on my other machine to bring up P7 and export to CSV (using key chain format). Went to 8 to import. Import finished with nothing imported? Grrrrrr

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@jkirby

I don't recommend exporting and importing your items to/from a CSV file since that might result in you ending up with a lot of duplicates if you're already using a 1Password account.

Our dedicated migration team can help you get everything working again. Please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and include the following information:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue trying to setup a new MacbookAir M2 and transitioning the new computer from 1Password 7. The 1Password 8 "migration" screen stops and says "Waiting for data to be moved. Don't quit this app." and another dialog with an Exclamation Point -> "Don't make any changes until we contact you, if possible" and provides the support+migration@1password.com address. 4 emails sent, 3 hours later (Wed 1pm MST) and ZERO response...

What is up with that ??

• @dkg

Did you receive a support id? If so, please share that with me. I'll take a look and check the status of the ticket.

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - Paul Pride replied and has offered some suggestions.
    ID #CWH-39327-871

• That's great news. Thank you for the support id.

ref: CWH-39327-871