Users are being signed out of 1Password for Windows and require an account recovery

Options
bslsek
bslsek
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Business and Teams

Ever since the release of 8.10.22 our helpdesk has been inundated with calls that people are kicked out of their accounts and can no longer log in. 1password is prompting to login like it's the very first time they have accessed it on their computer. In most cases it requires us to perform an account recovery. We do this and the very next day it happens again and requires another account recovery. We have some people that are on their third time of requiring account recovery. We are SSO enabled. Trusted devices list is the same before and after account recovery.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @bslsek! 👋

I'm sorry that some of your users are losing access to 1Password on their Windows PCs and are requiring an account recovery. The team would like to investigate this further so that we can prevent the issue from occurring again in the future; one of my colleagues is opening a ticket on your behalf and will be reaching out to you via email to collect more information from your end.

If you don't see our email in the next hour or two then please let me know and I can follow up for you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#26785

• lk8723
    lk8723
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi all,

We experience the same issue as described by @bslsek. Users (who normally login via Microsoft SSO) are signed out completely from 1Password for Windows and sometimes even need an account recovery to sign back in (due to no device being signed in anymore, so no option to allow a 'new device' to sign in).

We have several users who have reported this issue to us internally (including myself). All users are on version 8.10.22 of 1Password for Windows. We have not had this issue on a older version of 1Password for Windows. Is there any way to solve / avoid this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Lex

• Hello @lk8723,

It looks like you've also sent in a support ticket. Our team is still investigating, but I've just sent you more details there, and will let you know when there is any news.

Thank you,

• Hello @lk8723 ,

I’m glad to share that 1Password 8.10.23 has now been released with a fix for this issue. It’s now available for download on 1Password for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The release is pending review in the iOS App Store, and will be available shortly. Once the new version is installed, you and your team will no longer be signed out of SSO accounts by this issue.

Most 1Password installations check for updates automatically once per day, but you may find out how to keep 1Password up to date support article to be helpful if you wish to check for updates now. If 1Password was deployed to your device (installed with an .msi or .pkg installer), the new version must be manually installed after downloading the new installer. Please work with your IT team to deploy the update.

• No update is required for 1Password for Android, which was not impacted by this issue.
    • No update is required for 1Password in the browser (the extension).

Let me know if you have any questions, and have a happy new year!