Incorrect passkey notification for Ring

Options
TristanBerger
TristanBerger
Community Member

1Password currently notifies you that Ring (ring.com) supports passkeys, which as best I can tell is false. I think it might be getting confused because Ring is owned by Amazon, and Amazon accounts do support passkeys, but Ring accounts are different and don’t. Not a big deal for me to just hit “Ignore”, just thought I’d report the issue.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @TristanBerger! 👋

Thank you for reporting the issue. Indeed, ring.com and amazon.com are linked as shared credentials in a legacy internal list that 1Password uses. Our developers have coded a fix and we're currently testing it. If testing goes well then we hope to release the fix in a future update to 1Password.

Ignoring the banner is the best option for the moment, as you mentioned. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24202

• TristanBerger
    TristanBerger
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks!

• Thanks again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• TristanBerger
    TristanBerger
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like this is fixed now, but there’s an issue with the fix: the Ring item is now stuck in my ignored alerts section, with no way I can see to remove it. I did hit ignore before the fix was shipped.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@TristanBerger

It sounds like you've run into a known issue with ignored alerts that our developers are investigating. For now, as a workaround, you can duplicate the affected item and then delete the original in order to remove the alert. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15433