remove deleted account from windows app

Options
dandoesitagain
dandoesitagain
Community Member

I used to have two accounts, now I only have one. My old account is still briefly visible in the app every time I open it and it appears in my account list with a lock icon. I can't find a way to remove it. If I try to log in with it, it says that account doesn't exist anymore.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: Win 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @dandoesitagain,

Thanks for your message. Previously used, but deleted accounts can be removed from the 1Password app by signing out it following the steps in this guide:

1. Open and unlock the app.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Manage Accounts.
    3. Click the account you want to sign out of, then click ... > Sign Out.
      To sign out of a locked account, click ... > Sign Out.

I hope this information helps, but if you need further assistance just let us know. We'll be here for you!

• dandoesitagain
    dandoesitagain
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the answer but it didn't work.

When going to Manage Accounts from the app, it only displays the working account, not the deleted one.

The account list where it does appear is the account list from within the extension.

• Hello again @dandoesitagain,

Thanks for letting me know the account is appearing in the extension. If you right-click the 1Password extension icon in your toolbar ** > Settings > Accounts & vaults**, does this account still appear in the list?

Does signing out of this account here, help?

• dandoesitagain
    dandoesitagain
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this did it! Thank you!

• Thanks for your reply, @dandoesitagain! I'm happy to hear this did the trick!