Access 1P entries from within other apps no more possible (v2)

Options
1Passerby
1Passerby
Community Member
edited January 3 in iOS

Hi there,

With reference the my old post here which was addressed and solved, I would like to make a suggestion which I believe would improve the user experience (or at least mine).

I often access my password fields (or other saved fields) from within other apps (e.g. when looking for a document password from within a mail client of file browser). I used to long press or swipe on the entry to access all saved fields - now this seems to be replaced with an (i) button, which is fine.

Problem is that when I find the entry I want to use (e.g. a password), there is no way to autofill it in the password field I am coming from, which means that I have to copy it (tap), get back to the password field manually to then paste it. This operation "costs me" at least 4 taps on the screen. Wouldn't it make more sense to automatically fill the password field with the password which has been tapped, instead of copying it? Or maybe add the autofill option to the other available ones (i.e. copy, reveal, show in large type etc.).

I am not sure if the above description makes any sense. If it's not the case I'll be happy to create a dummy entry and screen record the whole process.

Thanks and keep rocking!

Happy 2024!
1Passerby

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.2.1 and iPad OS 17.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @1Passerby! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I do understand your feedback and I can see how it would be useful to be able to fill passwords in fields other than the default field of a Login item.

While I can't make any promises, I've passed along your feedback to our product team. They'll consider it as they're planning new versions of 1Password. 😊

-Dave

ref: PB-37650456

• 1Passerby
    1Passerby
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Dave_1P!

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.