1Password freezes my computer, same as Chrome

Options
Michinoz
Michinoz
Community Member

Hi all

As the title says, my computer (Windows 11) works perfectly fine but as soon as I start up 1Password or Chrome it freezes for 1 to 5 seconds continuously until I manage to close 1Password or Chrome. I uninstalled Chrome since I got so irritated with this nonsense but I have the same behaviour from 1Password. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks kindly

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.23 (81023003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build 22631.2861
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Michinoz,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the 1Password app and browser extension momentarily freezing up your device. It sounds like this is related to the 1Password for Windows app since it persists after removing the extension from Chrome.

Could you try reinstalling 1Password in the browser and disable app integration and let us know if the extension works without freezing?
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    1. Under the General heading, disable Integrate with 1Password app.
    1. Close and reopen your browser and sign in to 1Password with account password.

Next, when launching the 1Password for Windows desktop app, do you see any exceptionally high system resources be used that may explain the behaviour you are witnessing?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

• Michinoz
    Michinoz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thank you for the reply. I've found the culprit. Its Microcraps latest update. Uninstalled and issue is gone. Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Michinoz, it's great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! Thanks for letting us know 😄