Autofill not working

Options
Bronwen224466
Bronwen224466
Community Member
edited January 4 in iOS

On my iPhone using 17.2, 1Password will no longer autofill on websites. It was previously working. I have checked to make sure that 1Password is turned on under Manage Extensions in Safari. I have given it access or permission on all websites. I don't know how to find the extension version in iOS.
What could be wrong? Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.10.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 17.2
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @Bronwen224466! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari isn't working on your iPhone. Let's start by resetting the connection between the app and the extension:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari.

Then try to fill a login in Safari again: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

If you still can't fill then do you see the 1Password icon in a username/password field on a website after you tap on that field?

-Dave

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks. I did as directed. 1Password is already unlocked when I do step 6. I am now able to autofill on some sites. I used to be able to autofill on Wells Fargo, but now cannot. Perhaps they have changed something...Do you have any idea about that? I know some banks won't even allow copy and paste. Nothing like encouraging people to use poor quality passwords. ☹️

• @Bronwen224466

I'm glad that you're able to fill on some sites again, it sounds like we're making progress. I don't have a Wells Fargo account but I went on their website and created a set of fake credentials that 1Password seemed to be able to fill them. Can you confirm that you're going to https://www.wellsfargo.com and then tapping on the "Sign On" button at the top of the page?

Could you try entering your username and password by typing it in, saving your credentials as a new item using 1Password for Safari, and then trying to fill that new item?

Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Dave

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I'm sorry--I should have said that the problem is with the Wells Fargo app. I can autofill on the website. When I copy and paste in to the log in screen for the app, it doesn't offer to let me Save in 1Password or save at all for that matter. I used to be able to autofill in the app.

• @Bronwen224466

Thanks for the reply. If you're able to fill your login into the Wells Fargo website then this means that you've already saved your login in 1Password. Is there a reason why you're trying to save your credentials again via the app?

Filling credentials into apps on the iPhone and iPad is handled by iOS AutoFill. Let's start by making sure that AutoFill is setup to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login into the Wells Fargo app using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If that doesn't work then can you tell me if you see the "Passwords" prompt above your keyboard when you tap on the password field in the Wells Fargo app? If you don't then what do you see above the keyboard?

-Dave

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I was only trying to save again because I was trying to follow your directions. It is still not autofilling in the app, but it is set up in Settings. When I attempt it, I do see the 1Password prompt, and it takes me to the correct log in credentials, but when I choose it, it goes back to the log in field but does not fill them.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Bronwen224466

Thank you for the clarification. Can you please reproduce the issue one more time and then, to investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member
    Options

Bitbot Support ID number: [#VXF-28999-147]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Bronwen224466

Thank you for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will send you an email as soon as possible. To prevent having the same conversation in two places at once, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: VXF-28999-147

This discussion has been closed.