Password changes aren't being synced from one computer to another

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Updating of changed passwords problem.

Comments

• portlanderic
    portlanderic
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue where I update a password using the Chrome browser extension on one computer, then when logging in from my 2nd computer the old password is used - not updated/syncd.

In addition, I can't get 1password to recognize when I change / update a password. For example SeatGeek just required me to update password which I did. 1password didn't do anything so I then had to go to 1password extension, find seatgeek, then click edit, which opens a new browser window, remember my new password and type it in and save. I know it can do it as I've had it notice once or twice but can't consistently get it to work.

Perhaps 1password doesn't recognize password changes if the extension times out (after 10 mins) but I couldn't find this in the documentation anywhere.

• Hey @portlanderic,

Can you let me know what happens if you lock/unlock 1Password on your 2nd computer, do the changes then sync?

As for 1Password not offering to update a password, when you were on the 'New Password' field did you see a prompt beneath the field to 'Save in 1Password' before you submitted the form?

Any detail on the steps you took would be really useful.